Monday, April 26, 2010

Thursdays appointment - April 22nd

This was just a routine checkup with the Dr. He tried listening to the baby using the Doppler and this time it worked, though it did take a few minutes to find a heartbeat. This was really all we had come to do. It was so great hearing the heartbeat as I had not heard it for 4 weeks, and Josh 5 weeks.

I asked him about different stretching pains and also whether I had to start sleeping in a certain position. Apparently after 24 weeks I have to avoid sleeping on my back, and start favouring my right hand side.

I mentioned to him how at 12 weeks the U/S technician had said if she was available she would do a quick gender U/S scan to see if the baby was cooperating and we could tell the sex. Off he went to find out and luckily she was free!!

She was able to tell us almost immediately (good cooperative baby!). The babys heartbeat was 150bpm. I'm not going to post the sex here as there are some people who follow this who I know do not want to find out!!

We had already been looking at bedding for the nursery so that night we went to make our final choice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment