Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First round of test results

During my last few appointments I had a ton of tests done. The first was for my thyroid and the result came back today as "Your TSH, thyroid-stimulating-hormone, was in normal range." Yippee!!

The second lot of bloodwork done was relating to the Nuchal Translucency test.
Todays results was "Your first trimester blood test done with the nuchal thickness ultrasound was normal".

On Thursday I have my final part of the screening. They will measure my blood level of four pregnancy-associated substances, alpha-fetoprotein, estriol, HCG, and inhibin A.

Also on Thursday we hope to find out the sex of the baby!! For a long time I thought it was a girl, now I'm not so sure. We truly don't mind; we just want a healthy and happy baby.

Next Thursday, 29th, we are meant to be traveling to England. Hopefully the clouds of volcanic ash will have all cleared by then as after 24 weeks I'm not allowed to travel. As it stands right now, if we do go, then when I return I will be just over 19 weeks so we really can't leave it too much later. Fingers crossed all will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment